Wednesday 19 August 2009

47. Two month residency in Lisbon! Acceptance to The Cycle: Tracks, Traces and Leftovers: Documentation Practices in Contemporary Creation

Good News!

I have been accepted to do a two-month (£paid) residency in Lisbon in 2010. The residencies come under the heading "The Cycle: Tracks, Traces and Leftovers: Documentation Practices in Contemporary Creation", and will be hosted by Atelier Real.

The proposal I submitted was to write and perform in response to an obscure branch of my family archive (archive, in this case, is a grand word for an envelope of photographs of an old Liverpudian family, the Furbers, relatives of my grandfathers).

This is on the back of the little work-in-progress I have shown in Carlisle (for the LANWest tour in february) and Manchester (for Sometimes...'s night at greenroom), entitled "IF".

IF is a companion piece to "Where We Live & What We Live For", concerning my grandfather, and particularly the three years he spent in captivity during World War II, but also more general themes of survival, longevity, speed, velocity and trajectory.

No comments: